|ALL hep tests?
Jan 15, 2010
hi doctor, i did a routine yearly blood test but i dont understand my results and the doctor has not mentioned anything to me. woould you help me understand please?? i would appreciate it.
Anti HBs (Anitbody to Hepatitis B Surafce Antigen, HBsAb) > 1000 mIU/mL
What does >1000mIU/mL mean??? DO i need to know anything more to know about HEP B STATUS??? PLEASE HELP IM GETTING NERVOUS
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The antibody to HB surface antigen is related to prior HBV vaccination or prior infection. The way to tell the difference is to get a core antibody. If reactive, you were infected with the virus but cleared it. If nonreactive, then you were immunized in the past. If you have no risk factors, it is probably the latter.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Azithromycin Dose For Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.