Confused and Scared

I went into my GP office a few months ago and had routine blood test run to check for std's and my blood sugar level. I got a call about a month later and was told to come into see him. He told me that my Elisa test came back positive but my western blot was negative. He told me that this usually means it is a false positive and he suggested I go ahead and retest my blood. I did as he asked and he called me a few days later and told me that my Elisa test came back negative. He said that false positive elisa test can be caused by many things and he said for me not to worry anymore because I was retested and my elisa test came back negative. I just would like a little conformation from an expert so I can take a deep breath and move on with my life. I appreciate what you do for people and I think it is amazing. I look forward hearing from you and I thank you in advance.

I assume that you are referring to HIV testing. Please address your HIV related questions to the HIV forum.. I will quickly state that I agree that your negative Western blot is the key issue and that your reactive ELISA - which was later negative - was a false positive test.

Blood borne pathogens in a sporting environment...
Telaprevir