Dec 30, 2009
Is an enlarged live a sign of a Hep A,B, or C infection? My PCP said my liver was large, but smooth with no bumps that he could feel during an annual physical exam. Also, why is there no vaccine for Hep A and C?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
A swollen liver can be due to many causes - not just viral hepatitis.
You will need multiple laboratories and imaging with a ultrasound at the very least.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dandruff Flakes And Hiv
- When Do You First Breakout From Herpes?
- What's The Difference Between Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Color Is The Genital Warts Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.