My Son Is My Life..Please Respond!

This is my 2nd request, unfortunately the 1st one was not replied by you. Anyhow, my son born on 6-Oct-08 got Immunoglobin plus 1 shot of Engerix( my wife is HepB.carrier)within 1st half of his birth, 2nd on time and then 3rd in Mar-09. I tested him in Nov-09 and the results are. HEP B. Surface Antigen..Non-Reactive (0.42) and HEP.B Surface Antibody...Non-Reactive (0.27)mIL/mL. I am very upset with Antibody result, please advice if he is safe or needs more doses. I don't want to ruin his life, please reply.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

From Pakistan.

The main issue is that your son's surface antigen is non-reactive - which means that the vaccine did work. Great news indeed.

Yes, you would certainly want the surface antibody to be at protective levels...This may require an additional shot in some period of time to be determined by your pediatrician. This will keep him safe from other exposures to HBV. But frankly, the most important issue is that his sAg is negative right now.

Sorry you did not get an answer the first time around. Hundreds of questions come into this site and I can only answer a portion of them in my spare time.

Best regards....

hepatitis profile with HCV
Please advice