|Prenatal Exposure to Hep C
Dec 29, 2009
Testing shortly after birth was positive for Hep C antibodies. PRC Test at 15 months is negative. Does this mean baby was exposed but didn't contract? Or cleared? Or could still have virus? Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
The baby probably got antibodies from his or her mother.....just like you get other protective antibodies against other infections at birth....
The fact that the RNA is negative is great news because there is no evidence of infection.
hepatitis profile with HCV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- 24 Week Negative Rapid Hiv Test
- Are Body Itch, Joint Pain, Numbness HIV Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.