Seronegative HCV?

Please note doctor that I suffer from hypochondria and this is a result of that.

I have a strange situation and I would be grateful if someone could give me possible advice. I tested negative for the Hep C antibody but my ast and alt are very slightly raised (4 and 1 points respectively) and I have tested positive for AMA-M2 which is an autoantibody.

What concerns me is that 6.5 years ago while in India, I contracted Hep A from contaminated food and water. I recovered from it and had all of the tests done. During the past 6.5 years, I have tested negative for Hep C at least 3 times. However, my AST and ALT levels have been elevated since then.

What scares me is that I got my haircut from a barber there and he used a razor to line up my sideburns. My cousin went there often and I asked him if he had changed the razor and he said yes. I WAS NOT CUT ANYWHERE. I am positive about that. What scares me is that this virus lives for weeks on end.

I have read that some people do not develop the antibodies but still are infected. I am afraid that I might be one of them.

Is this possible or even likely?

I doubt you have hepatitis C. Your liver function tests might be slightly elevated if you are a bit overweight. You can discuss your ideal body weight with your physician (based on height and weight) and see if you need to lose some weight.

Hepatitis B & HIV Coinfection
CONFUSED