Hepatitis B & HIV Coinfection

I am taking Baraclude 1mg & Viread 300mg for my Hepatitis B. However, My resent HIV test came back positive with no vidal load or negative/non-reactive. I also did the OralQucik Rapid with blood and that can back negative or non-reactive. The doctor take me off the Viread for a month. Do you think Viread could have interface with the vidal load? How soon should I start treament? Will I get sick before the end of the 1 month break from Viread?

Your rapid HIV test measures antibodies so taking your Viread would not have affected that test. You can be assured that your HIV test is negative.

As for your HBV infection...the non-detectable virus level is great news. It sounds like your doctor thought it would be a good idea to use combination therapy to suppress your virus. Now that it is suppressed, he or she wants to decrease the number of medications you are taking for HBV. Sounds like a great idea. You will just need to confirm that your HBV DNA stays suppressed.

Clinical Trials for Co-infection
Seronegative HCV?