Still positive to HCV after 6mths on interferon.

After 6 mths on interferon I have just found out that I am still positive to the HCVirus. I am Genotype 2, and told by my treating Sister that it should have been a good outcome, considering that I had a negative blood result after the first month of treatment. I am so sad and angry and just don't know what to do next. Otherwise I have never had symptom from this virus, and probably had HCV for 20 or more years. I have been told to face the facts, live with the disease and that another 6 mths will not kill the virus! I am prepared to do anything. Thankyou

I would review your results with your doctor and be certain to review the dosing of your ribavirin. You should have been taking both pegylated interferon and ribavirin (400 mg twice daily) to treat genotype 2. This is the easiest type of hepatitis C to treat so I would certainly review your management with your physician - especially if you were once undetectable....

Missed dose of Atripla
Clinical Trials for Co-infection