Missed dose of Atripla

I have been on Atripla for 1 month. Atripla is the first medication that I have been, on since I was diagnosed with HIV on Nov 5, 2009.

Due to a situation out of my control, I missed 1 does. I am going to make sure this never happens again, and will take steps to prevent it. I understand the importance of taking my medication. My initial labs were CD4 od 240. Viral load of 49,000, and CD4 percent of 16.

My question is, will 1 missed dose affect my health in a very bad way?

Thanks.

You are correct in taking a missed dose seriously. As a whole, we certainly want patients to take their medications on a regular basis to avoid resistance to HIV and Hepatitis B (if you are infected). However, this one missed dose will not have any significant impact....

Keep up the good work. You will do great on Atripla and your T cells and viral load should respond great. If you also have Hepatitis B, you will need to see how your HBV DNA is responding as well to Atripla as well, since two of the medications within Atripla (tenofovir and emtricitabine) are active against this virus too.

Question on taking VIREAD.
Still positive to HCV after 6mths on interferon.