coinfected with hiv and hep b--bloodwork results

I just recently received my blood work results and my hiv cd4 is 226 and vl 53,000. I know its time to start taking the meds my prescibed to me 6mos ago which is Atripla. My biggest concern is my liver enzymes are 64 and hbv vl is 650,000,000. The doctor said he wanted to an ultrasound, and didn't want to say to much more until that was done. I do have slight discomfort on my lower right side of my stomach and back. Whats the worst case scenario here...please give me your thoughts on my situation--thank you!

I agree with your doctor that an ultrasound should be performed if you have discomfort on the right side of your abdomen to be certain that you do not have obvious liver disease that is visible with imaging.

I would also recommend an alfa feto protein test, immunization against hepatitis A (if you have not been exposed) immunization against pneumococcus and influenza viruses.

Finally I also agree with Atripla with careful monitoring of your liver function tests, which can sometimes flare in a patient with hepatitis B.

Dealing with a Conservative Doctor
am positive