|Indian: Getting Married Soon
Dec 12, 2009
I am HB+Ve. I have got engaged and getting married in Feb 17 2010.
I have started immunization of my fiancee. She got her first shot on 21st Nov 2009. Her 2nd shot will be on 21 Dec, 3rd on 21 Jan 2010 and booster dose on 21st May 2010.
1. Can we have sex after marriage without condom after the 3rd shot on 21 Jan 2010 or Do we need to wait till booster dose is completed after 6th month i.e. 21st May 2010 for sex with condom.
2. Till then can I use condom to have sex ?
3. Will my child be affected even after immunization of my fiancee ?
Please let me know.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would have your fiance check her surface antibody to be certain she is protected. This may occur as early as the second or third shot.
Your wife will not pass on virus to her child if she is not infected.
Yes condoms will be protective...
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue A Sign Of HIV?
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.