HCV-3a treatment

Dear Dr Barbara: I got to know two months back that i have HCV of around 6.85 Million viral load of genotype 3a along with alpha FP of 8.2 IU/ml normal range (0.47-5.39IU/ml).Now i have decided to treat and prescribed by the doctor of Pegasys 180ug once a week and Ribazole 400mg twice a day for six months. Doctor can you please suggest that the treatment is Ok and it will also help me to reduce the alphafeeto protein and negative HCV.or there is any better treatment available to HCV-3a. Regards Omar Farooq Pakistan

I agree with the treatment and would get a HCV RNA test just before your fifth shot to see if you are suppressing the virus quickly which would be a good predictor of a great response.

We usually get an ultrasound if the AFP is abnormal, but yours is minimally so - I suspect you do not need an US.

what is the ranges of SGOT and SGPT
hep c genotype 1A-STAGE 1