My condition now

I am a Hepatitis B Patient. I came to know 5 years ago. My HBsAg and HBeAg was both positive with High volume of HBV DNA. Then I took Adefovir Dipivoxil INN 10 mg and continued for last five years. my ALT and SGPT always remained under control. My present condition is Anti-HbeAg positive and HBeAg negative. Still HBsAg positive. Viral load or HBV DNA negative/zero. I wish to know my condition. Whether i am well or not? how long i need to continue that medicine? Have i become inactive carrier? Have i lost ability to pass the virus to others? Am i in Chronic stage means good?

All good questions.

You are doing GREAT! You have attained seroconversion with your switch of eAg positive to getting antibodies against eAg. That is the goal of treatment. I would treat you for another 6 to 12 months after seroconversion and try stopping therapy.

Get good follow-up for HBV DNA testing to see if you remain suppressed. If the virus begins to reemerge, I would go back on therapy and stay on therapy...

While your HBV DNA is suppressed you cannot pass on the virus. However, your sex partner should be immunized in case your virus comes back.

Severe Hep A symptom relapse
Hep C genotype 4