|hepatitis infections & anal sex
Nov 14, 2009
I am not Hep C pos., & have been vaccinated for Hep b. My partner & I recently had anal sex are we/me @ risk for hepatitis infections? we are in a relationship? Don't know his hepatitis b statis.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Anal sex with trauma can increase the risk of sexually acquired infections such as HIV and Hepatitis B. Hepatitis C risk also increases with traumatic sex (which causes blood to blood exposure), as has been documented in several outbreaks of acute HCV infection among men who have sex with men.
I certainly would check your hepatitis B vaccine status to be certain that you were immunized in the past. I always preach safe sex unless you are in a monogamous relationship and you have both been tested for STDs.
I fully suspect all will be well but my message is always a conservative one to keep you and your partner healthy!
HepA Vax/Pnuemonia Vax
Anti Viral Resistance
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.