Alchohol consumption after treatment

I had Hepatitis C and have been undetectable for a year after the treatment. Is it OK to have a beer every once and a while or would I be provoking the virus and thus increase the possibility of it to come back?

The key here is that you said "once in a while"...I think that is fine!

Alcohol is an immunosuppressant and also damages the liver. Thus,alcohol is excess is a very damaging element for the liver....

This includes multiple beers a day. Many people think that beer is "Okay" and only hard liquor is a problem. That is a falsehood.

Best regards and congrats on your cure.

From butuan_taguig:what to do to become the Anti-HBs become active