Hep C risk

Please doctor I desperately need advice. I am worried after I got blood on my hands in my highschool. All of the players were 14-18 years old and included both males and females. This was in an inner city NYC high school. I got blood on my fingers. It came from one of the players but I don't know who. I ran to the bathroom was washed it off. While I was washing my hands, I noticed that I had a bloody hangnail. It had been bleeding but it had stopped. I am afraid that the blood washed over it and while washing my hands, I massaged some of the blood into the hangnail. I am very frightened.

I doubt there is any concern for you but you can certainly talk to your doctor about this "exposure" if you think that you had an open cut that was actively bleeding at the same time as the blood exposure. A simple blood test will reassure you and it is so simple to do.

How Can I Be Cured of HCV, But Not HIV?
Help