|is there any specific medicine?
Nov 14, 2009
what medicine can cure hep b. and please give me an advice what should i do and donts.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There are plenty of potent drugs that suppress HBV but many patients need long term therapy to keep the virus suppressed. We don't use the word "cure" for HBV because the virus - even when suppressed - can reactivate and become active again at a later date. That is why it is important to always get good follow-up with your doctor.
However, not all people need treatment for HBV because not everyone develops liver disease. Discuss your blood tests with your doctor to find out where you stand.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.