Hep C.

It's about my hep c. i took the test and my doctor said i reactive to it and may have been exposed to it and she needed to see so if i had the virus in my blood ...so i took another test and she said i did have it... I also forgot that I have been feeling little pains on my right side under my rib and my lower stomach on both sides!...I was feeling nausea for like 3 days but it would come and go...i also feel my eyes have been getting a little yellow. other then that i feel normal and i dont know when i could have gotten it i had unprotected sex about 5 months ago that's why i got tested!! and found out that! sorry this was my second question i just sent you one about it also! please reply to both!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

So it is entirely possible that you could have acquired HCV from sex although this is uncommon. However, if you have no other risk factors and you recently felt right sided pain (where your liver lives) with nausea and thought you saw some yellow in your eyes (eg, jaundice) you may have acute HCV - eg, recently acquired.

In acute HCV cases, we follow serial HCV RNA tests over time to see if you might clear the virus on your own. I would be particularly suspicious of acute infection if you have a HCV RNA level less than 100,000 IU/ml.

If your level is less than 100,000, have your doctor read our diagnosis paper in Clinical Infectious Diseases in the October issue by McGovern and the treatment of acute HCV infection in the September issue of Journal of Infectious Diseases...

I hope this will be of help to you. Also get immunized against HBV and HAV if you have never been exposed or vaccinated.

Hep A and Atripla
HBV Gone!?