|huband has stage 4 hepatist c
Nov 12, 2009
whatis the length of life for my husband's problem he is also on hemodialysis
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It is hard to say since patients with compensated cirrhosis can do well for some time. However, once the cirrhosis becomes decompensated, lifespan is shortened. Decompensation would include development of fluid in the belly for example.
I think you and your husband should have this conversation with your doctor so you can get better information since I don't know the details of his case.
In the meantime, I would avoid all alcohol and get fully immunized against hepatitis A and B if he has never been exposed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Anal Warts An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Dry Cough A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Sore Throat A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.