Baraclude 0.5mg

HBV is prevalent in my Vietnamese culture, so I decided to have a Hepatic panel in January 2008. My surface antigen and other lab results concluded I was a Chronic carrier. My DNA levels were 3 billion. In March 2008, I was referred to a Liver specialist and had a biopsy and an ultrasound. Results were mild inflammation with no scarring present. I have been on Baraclude 0.5mg for 8 months now. In Apirl my levels decreased 4 logs: 180,000, June 28,000 and in October 24,000. Today November 12th, my Liver specialist was disappointed because he was expecting my levels to be undetectable. He told me he would like to do another DNA draw in December and go from there. My question is: Do you think my levels need more time to decrease more? Do you think with my results that I have a chance to become undetectable? What is the average time frame for patients on Baraclude to drastically lower their levels and eventually become undetectable? Do you think I need another plan of care? (additional med, dose adjustment)

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

I think your projected decline will certainly be a non-detectable viral load by 12 months for certain. Most data suggest that resistance is uncommon with Baraclude (entecavir) so I would stay the course.

Best wishes for your complete virologic suppression!

T cell count slowly coming down???
hepatitis b,cirrhosis and hiv