Help us doc to decide and evaluate

My husband has a chronic hepa b (accdg to his doc). Here are the results of his lab tests HBV-reactive; antiHBS-non reactive; SGPT 55.1(normal values: 0-49); HBEAg-non reactive; HBV DNA Viral load 2,754,787 IU/ml. The doctor's recommendation is to wait for 6 mos. then repeat the tests since as of now the virus is inactive/not replicating.. If after 6 mos. the HBEAg is still non reactive but the viral load is still high my husband can opt to start his treatment. Is that ok? BTW the doctor recommends injectables since it has the same effect of the pills w/c are taken for 2 yrs. Pls help us we can't make our decision I'm so worried for him.

Would also consider a liver biopsy since with e antigen negative infection the risk of relapse after treatment is higher than with e antigen positive infection. I would want to see if he has significant disease that needs treatment. Also his one value for SGPT is modestly elevated. Would like more serial time points to get more information on his clinical course.

Hep vaccination and transmission
I think better to ask you !