|Help us doc to decide and evaluate
Oct 28, 2009
My husband has a chronic hepa b (accdg to his doc). Here are the results of his lab tests HBV-reactive; antiHBS-non reactive; SGPT 55.1(normal values: 0-49); HBEAg-non reactive; HBV DNA Viral load 2,754,787 IU/ml. The doctor's recommendation is to wait for 6 mos. then repeat the tests since as of now the virus is inactive/not replicating.. If after 6 mos. the HBEAg is still non reactive but the viral load is still high my husband can opt to start his treatment. Is that ok? BTW the doctor recommends injectables since it has the same effect of the pills w/c are taken for 2 yrs. Pls help us we can't make our decision I'm so worried for him.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Would also consider a liver biopsy since with e antigen negative infection the risk of relapse after treatment is higher than with e antigen positive infection. I would want to see if he has significant disease that needs treatment. Also his one value for SGPT is modestly elevated. Would like more serial time points to get more information on his clinical course.
Hep vaccination and transmission
I think better to ask you !
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Does Gardasil Work If Already Have Hpv?
- List Of Curable Stds
- Can You Have Molluscum Contagiosum And Not Have Growths?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.