Hep vaccination and transmission

Hi Dr. McGovern,

I am 25 years old and I remember getting vaccinated for Hep B at age 13. What I don't remember is if I got all 3 shots or not. I got a Hep B antibody titer(not sure which exact one) in July 2008 and it said I am vaccinated for Hep B. However, I got another titer at a different lab in April 2009 and it said I'm not vaccinated for Hep B or A. I definitely remember getting vaccinated for Hep A at 13 years old. Could the lab's reference ranges be higher at the more recent lab, and that's why it says I'm not vaccinated for Hep A and B? Do you think it's worth to just go ahead and get vaccinated for Hep A and B again, just in case?

Also, is it likely to get Hepatidities from deep French kissing?

No you would not acquire hepatitis viruses from kissing.

As for your is possible that your protective antibodies have declined over time. I would simply get one booster shot and check your antibodies again. They will probably nicely boost up.

High WBC
Help us doc to decide and evaluate