|Non active Hep C and having sex
Oct 18, 2009
I was treated for Hep C over 3 years ago, I contracted it during an operation on my neck; contaminated cadaver tissue. I went through 48 week of extensive treatment and I have been since non reactive when tested every 3 months. Is it safe for me to make love to my wife? I have not had any sexual contact for over 5 years and I would love very much to be intimate with her.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Once you have been cleared of the virus six months after treatment, I would consider you cured. Your wife is NOT at risk of acquiring the virus from you. Please be reassured.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Raw Oysters?
- How Do Lesbians Protect Themselves From Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.