Oct 18, 2009
my husband is diagnosed with hepatitis c.i have been tested and i am clear. my husband has no tattoos or piercings. what possible reasons can exist that this disease was contracted?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There are some people who have hepatitis C who have never had any risk factors that can be determined. Rarely, there are persons who have acquired HCV after a medical procedure. A one-time use of injection drug use in the distant past could lead to HCV.
However, if he has no risk factors whatsoever, this could be a false positive test. I would pursue this diagnosis with a more specialized test called a RIBA.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Topping Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sharing Dildos Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.