|i'm HBsAg +ve and PCR negative
Oct 18, 2009
am i infected, carrier or false ELISA test.thx
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your surface antigen test should have been automatically reverified so this should not be a false positive.
However, if you are not at risk of HBV, I would request a repeat test to be certain that perhaps a blood sample was mislabeled, etc...
Otherwise, yes you are an inactive carrier and do need serial follow-up. I would assume this latter case if you are at risk.
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Someone Else Get Stds By Touching Your Sperm?
- Can You Catch HIV In The Ocean Water?
- Can You Think You Have Mono And Really Have Hiv?
- Could I Have Symptoms And Test Negative
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.