|i'm HBsAg +ve and PCR negative
Oct 18, 2009
am i infected, carrier or false ELISA test.thx
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your surface antigen test should have been automatically reverified so this should not be a false positive.
However, if you are not at risk of HBV, I would request a repeat test to be certain that perhaps a blood sample was mislabeled, etc...
Otherwise, yes you are an inactive carrier and do need serial follow-up. I would assume this latter case if you are at risk.
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Does Gonorrhea Discharge Look Like?
- What Are The Short-term Effects Of Syphilis?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Syphilis Rash Under Armpit
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.