yellow jaundice

Can I donate my blood after having yellow jaundice? I was 14 at the time and now over 60. I was treated with vitamin B and penecilan injections and apparently acquired the illness from the drinking water. My Dad was ill at the same time.

This sounds like hepatitis A because of the water source and simultaneous infections in both you and your Dad. HAV also does not cause chronic infection.

When you donate blood you will be asked a list of questions regarding the possibility of having an infectious disease or behaviors that put you at risk (eg, such as having a STD or using injection drugs). You will be asked about prior hepatitis history. You should mention this episode and the age of onset and the history about your Dad.

All blood is carefully screened for any infectious agent like HIV, Hepatitis B, C, and other infectious agents. If anything comes back positive, you will certainly be notified and your blood will not be used. The blood supply has never been safer....the screening process is extremely careful.

hepa profile
i'm HBsAg +ve and PCR negative