Oct 18, 2009
the following is the result of my hepa profile: hepa b surface antigen-non reactive, anti HBs- non reactive, anti HBC- non reactive, HBE- non reactive, HBE Antigin- non Reactive, Anti HAV- reactive. Please let me know if i have hepa A or B, or anything that I have to worry about.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If your tests are "non-reactive" that basically means "negative"
Your hepatitis A test indicates either prior infection or prior immunization. Either way, you won't get HAV infection if you are exposed in the future. Also, HAV does NOT cause chronic liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Neuropathy After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.