Oct 10, 2009
Will I always have Hep C and will it eventually Take me. Hospital told me once you have Hep C you always have Hep C
Response from Dr. McGovern
Actually if you respond to treatment, you are cured of the virus. However, the antibody stays in your system, which is evidence of prior exposure, but not of current infection.
ARV's and Anti TB's
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
- How Long Does Azithromycin Take To Cure Chlamydia?
- How Often To Get Hepatitis B Vaccine Series?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.