Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Please Help me Dr Barbara
Oct 10, 2009

I have two questions and and having a lot of anxiety over these two issues. I have two questions .. Please Help !!

#1. I shaved in the morning and got a slight cut on the bone of my jaw. Later that evening I left a banquet and a lady kissed me like the french people do. On one side of the the cheek and then the other. I think she kissed me on the knick I got in the morning from the razor. What are the cahnces of getting HIV this way. What are my chances ?

#2. I slept over at a friends house,,, Got up in the morning and used the wrong towel. It was her sons towel that has been hanging there for a week now. Again I had a different razor cut on my chin and dried myself off with this towel that has been hanging there for a week with no use. But it was used before. I looked on the towel and saw a couple of stains that could have been blood... I Don't know. What if it was?? What are my chances of getting HIV from that towel ,, if again ,, it has been not used but is a used towel that has been hanging there for a week ,. What if that was dried blood?

Please Dr. Barbara ,, Answer both of my questions so I can put these two incidents to rest.

Paul

Response from Dr. McGovern

The risk of acquiring hepatitis C is due to exposure to blood. You would not get HCV from a towel or a kiss from another person.

Previous
Elevated Bilirubin, SGOT, SGPT Levels - how do I reduce this ?
Next
the serum albumin

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.