Hep C long term prognosis

I found out I have hep c in 1994,have done inter/ribo treatment one full year, failed, did a daily for 6 months and had a platelet disorder requiring stopping. now 3 yrs later I have a viral load of 1,190,000 and an alt of 103 and an ast of 70. I just want to generally know my prognosis, how long will I be able to go on? Been told 10 million is the max viral load so that figures to 6 years. What is your opinion or take an educated guess?I would feel better planning for my future if I just had a vague idea. Thank you

I am sorry to hear that you have not responded to treatment. However, I want to assure you that there is NO correlation between your level of virus and the amount of liver disease you have. I have seen patients with extremely low levels of virus you have cirrhosis...There is just no correlation. The only importance of the virus level is that it is harder to treat someone who has a high level than a low level to start.

I would ask your doctor about the stage of your disease. If you have never had a liver biopsy you may want to inquire about a serum marker (blood test) for fibrosis. These markers are not perfect, but give a good idea about the extremes of disease (eg, very mild or very advanced).

my hepa profile
hepaties c