|my boy friend is Hep B carrier, will alcohol affect him?
Sep 29, 2009
Hi, my boy friend is a hep B carrier and sometimes he likes to drink alcoholic drinks during clubbing. Im worried that the alcohol will activate the virus inside his body. Pls advice me. Thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I think you are very astute to think about this. Yes, I would agree that I would be concerned about significant alcohol use in him. Alcohol is obviously toxic to the liver in any significant amount. Besides that, it acts as an immune suppressant and this could theoretically lead to activation of his hepatitis B infection.
please help me too
Help Me please i am very worry about HBsAg+
- Runny Nose Sign Of Seroconversion
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Hairy Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sinus Infection After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.