The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please help me too
Sep 29, 2009

i am working now as a service crew on a company but when i was processising my requirements i was found out that the result of my hepa b test was re active,,,,then i ask them whats the next thing to do they suggestedto have a quantitative test to find out how many viruses are in my body.....then the result is here,,,,, HBsAg w/Titer (ECLIA) 3539.000 C.O.V 1.000 REACTIVE,,,,, question is,,,is it chronic hepa b or accute? and whats my next thing to do? what is the medecine? please help me coz i am the breedwinner of my family,,,,and we are poor people,,,i dont have money to go to the doctor....pleae help me whats the best thing to do,,,,,ill wait your answer...God bless

Response from Dr. McGovern

The test you mention...HBsAg tells me that you have been infected with HBV but it doesn't tell me how long. If the test is positive 6 months from now, then you have chronic infection.

You have not received a test to say how many viruses are in your blood - that is a HBV DNA test, which can be expensive. If you can get it, it may be helpful for you since you may have chronic infection that may be "inactive" (eg, no virus in your blood).

In your capacity of work I would think that having chronic hepatitis B would be okay. You just need NOT to share razors and cover a cut if you bleed. Hepatitis B is mainly spread through sex and through injection drug use. It is NOT spread by sharing food or utensils.

Your wife should also be tested. If she is negative, she should be vaccinated.

You can find out more information by going to the CDC website as well.

my boy friend is Hep B carrier, will alcohol affect him?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint