how many years i need to treat!

Hi Barbara, how you doing. I am the writing you since long and getting your reply regularly. I am so greatful to you. Now i am asking you as follows :

I am 37 years old.My doctor found HBSag positive on november 2006 with DNA positive. After eight month of treatment DNA comes negative. I have tested DNA every six months and got negative and finally last month doctor stop medecine ( i was treated about three years). But when u advised me to start the medicine again as i was E Antegen negative. My doctor tested the DNA again and its come again negative ( 5 times negative) and he started again medicine ( adefovir-10). All other report of blod is OK. SGPT is 40. I am taking the medicine reularly. Please let me know as follows. : 1. How many days i need to treat? 2. Is their any possibiliy to make the resistance? 3. How many years i will live if i have this virus? 4. Do you have any new guide line?

Thanks doctor for your kind co-operation for the helpless people like you.

good luck ratan.

I want to be quite clear that it is certainly possible that you may be one of the fortunate persons who might be able to stop treatment. However, it is important to be aware that the majority of persons with e antigen negative infection do have a recurrence of viremia off treatment.

If you want to see if you can stop the treatment, I would do just that and follow up your HBV DNA at 3 months to see if DNA has returned. If not, I would simply check again at 6, 9, and 12 months. If no return of HBV DNA, would continue following your DNA less frequently and would be cautiously happy that you do not need any more therapy.

If the HBV DNA returns after stopping medication, then I would simply go back on the medication for years to come until we know more about the management of HBV.

No resistance will occur as long as there is no viral replication. You will just need monitoring on treatment for your kidney function over time.

Best regards to you and my best wishes for the health of your liver!

Analyse my results am away from Doctor !
it is possible to be treated for a long time?