3rd post (hepa b) follow-up

gud day dra. last weeek ive visit my dr together with my lab test my SGPT still high 79 iu/l & im still waiting for my DNA test it will be on 1st week of october. my question is why my SGPT ddint back to normal im taking entecavir for 6 months? there is posibility that the result of my DNA test still 110,000,000? my doctor said that i need to test E antigen what is this? thank you so much for your time dra.god bless you always.

I wouldn't worry about a slight elevation of SGPT. It is much more important to determine if the virus level is coming down.

Also the importance of the e antigen is that once you lose it and convert to e antibody positivity, (eg, seroconversion) then all you need is another 6 to 12 months of treatment.

Best of luck!

simultaneous infections with Hiv and hep c
Twinrix Schedule