Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

****Pls help me to treat my Hepa B****
Sep 13, 2009

Hi Good day! In 1999, I was diagnosed to be Hepa B reactive. Every now and then (6 mos interval), I often go for lab tests for my liver. Herewith below my lab results recently:

Jan. 11, 2008

HBS-Ag : Reactive HBE-Ag : Non Reactive SGPT : 65 HBsAg : 2.5 Reactive Anti-HBs : 0.141 Negative HbeAg : 0.245 Negative Anti HBc IgG: 0.108 Reactive Anti HAV IgM: 0.112 Negative Ultrasound : (Impression) Sonographically normal Gall Bladder and pancreas. Fatty infiltrative changes of the liver.

Dec. 23, 2008

HIV/Aids Test: Non Reactive VDRL/RPR : Non Reactive HBsAg : Reactive FBS : 105.80 mg/dl SGPT : 54.5o IU/L

Jan. 10, 2009

Anti HAV IgM : 0.009 Non Reactive HBcAb : 0.949 Reactive (reverse) HBeAb : 0.865 Reactive (reverse) HBeAg : 0.009 Non Reactive HbsAb : 0.016 Non Reactive HBsAg : 5.419 Reactive SGPT : 54.50 Ultrasound : (Impression) Normal sized Liver with fatty changes. Normal bile ducts, gall bladder and pancreas.

Aug. 20, 2009

SGPT/ALT : 45 Antibody to Hepa B Surface Antigen: 0.0 Non Reactive Total Antibody to Hepa B Core Antigen: 10.59 Reactive IgM Antibody to Hepa A Virus: 0.37 Non Reactive Hepa B e Antigen: 0.44 Non Reactive Hepa B Surface Antigen: 1,796.00 IU/mL Reactive

Sept. 8, 2009

Alt : 36.2 HBsAg: Reactive HBeAg: Non Reactive Ultrasound: Normal Gall Bladder and Pancreas. Rule out diffuse hepatic parenchymal disease. Correlate clinically and with laboratory parameters.

Kindly interpret my lab test results. So far my doctors have not advised me any medicines or supplements to take. I want to have a final solution to suppress this viral infection. I am so worried about it. Pls advise any medication. Thank you very much and more power to you.

Spites

Response from Dr. McGovern

I don't see any tests for HBV DNA which is critical to understanding if your disease is active or not. Please discuss with your doctor.

Previous
How do I know if my sister is dying?
Next
CAN I GET MARRIED

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.