|How do I know if my sister is dying?
Sep 13, 2009
My sister has AIDS & Hepatitis C. Her liver is enlarged & she has discoloration of her skin. She has had the disease for about 15 years. How do I know if she is towards the end.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You should ask your sister if you can accompany her to one of her doctor visits so you can speak to her physician with her permission. If she has advanced liver disease and is jaundiced (turning yellow) it would be helpful for her to have an advocate, since she may not understand all that is being said to her. Advanced liver disease can cause difficulty with concentration and confusion.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does The Hepatitis A Vaccine Work?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.