|Is HCV borderline dangerous
Sep 13, 2009
I was tested for HCV for the first time and the result was Borderline 1.8. 1-8 was mentioned as borderline. Please guide if this value means that virus is not reactive? If not, is it's presence dangerous? What are the conditions in which it becomes reactive.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you got a result that is indeterminate I would discuss further testing with your doctor. If you are at risk, I would proceed with a HCV RNA. If you are not at risk, I would proceed with a RIBA.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Throat Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blisters After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.