|Is HCV borderline dangerous
Sep 13, 2009
I was tested for HCV for the first time and the result was Borderline 1.8. 1-8 was mentioned as borderline. Please guide if this value means that virus is not reactive? If not, is it's presence dangerous? What are the conditions in which it becomes reactive.
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you got a result that is indeterminate I would discuss further testing with your doctor. If you are at risk, I would proceed with a HCV RNA. If you are not at risk, I would proceed with a RIBA.
Hep Bs Ab result
Low Neutrophils but doc not worried!
- Low White Blood Cell Count In Hiv Person
- How Many Days After Contact With Hiv Person Will Hiv Show Up In Blood?
- When Does The Doctor Tell You That You Are Hiv Positive?
- Megace Drug To Increase Appetite
- When The Doctor Check Your Blood Can They See If You Have Hiv?
- Do Doctors Automatically Check For Hiv When Doing Routine Blood Tests?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.