|Is HCV borderline dangerous
Sep 13, 2009
I was tested for HCV for the first time and the result was Borderline 1.8. 1-8 was mentioned as borderline. Please guide if this value means that virus is not reactive? If not, is it's presence dangerous? What are the conditions in which it becomes reactive.
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you got a result that is indeterminate I would discuss further testing with your doctor. If you are at risk, I would proceed with a HCV RNA. If you are not at risk, I would proceed with a RIBA.
Hep Bs Ab result
Low Neutrophils but doc not worried!
- Vaginal Fluid How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Is Sore Throat An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
- How Does Cervical Cancer Affect Your Reproductive System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.