|anti hcv reactive
Sep 8, 2009
my relative was test for hcv his anti hcv test was reactive and his value was 0.0532. is he suffering from hepatatis c???? or this is a normal value ????? plz reply me as soon as possible .
Response from Dr. McGovern
If your relative's test was "reactive" this is only part of the testing process. To find out if a person has ongoing virus in their blood, additional testing of HCV RNA is required. Even then, not everyone who has virus in their blood develops liver disease.
Diagnosed today with Hep C
Liver Test Result
- Can You Contract HIV From Touching Blood?
- Can You Get AIDS From Receiving Oral Sex?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Condom Broke
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Toothbrush
- Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.