|anti hcv reactive
Sep 8, 2009
my relative was test for hcv his anti hcv test was reactive and his value was 0.0532. is he suffering from hepatatis c???? or this is a normal value ????? plz reply me as soon as possible .
Response from Dr. McGovern
If your relative's test was "reactive" this is only part of the testing process. To find out if a person has ongoing virus in their blood, additional testing of HCV RNA is required. Even then, not everyone who has virus in their blood develops liver disease.
Diagnosed today with Hep C
Liver Test Result
- What Does Isolated Herpes Mean?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like In Early Stages?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Antibiotics Do For Peoples With Herpes?
- Vinegar For Genital Warts
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.