For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

HBV and partner

Weldone, Please ma, my fiance and i intend to get married in 3month. Meanwhile, just yesterday, He tested positive to Hepatitis B while I'm negative.

Please what are the danger attached and what do we need to do and know. Can we have sex after marriage and i remain unaffected.

please treat as urgent. Thank you so much.

I would get tested for HBsAg and HBsAb. If you are negative for both, I would start your immunizations, which should protect you against infection.

Be certain to check your surface antibodies after your series of 3 shots to be certain that your immunization has worked.

How Long to Treat HBEAG Negative Infection