Hep C Window period

Hi, there.

I am from the UK.

I see that have said that HEP C in extremely rare cases can take up to 9 months to show.

I had a test a 13 weeks and 2 days and tested negative. The majority of UK guidelines state that 6-12 weeks is usual and a few may take six months.

I just wondered how 'these very rare cases that take 9 months are?' Maybe the one in a million expection to the rule? A person with a an immune defect?

Please help me because I don't think I can take waiting another 6 months :(

Dan.

These rare individuals are simply "case reports" so I can't give you a incidence number - they are just random reports...but late seroconversion is considered a rare event.

We do not routinely test out to 9 months since this is such a rare phenomenon. I agree with the UK guidelines.

How long is a life span with hep B
How Long to Treat HBEAG Negative Infection