|Finished Interferon, When do CD4s Increase?
Aug 25, 2009
8 months after completing pegylated interferon w/ ribavirn my cd4s have only risen minimally. Is this normal? Baseline cd4 before treatment: 200. Treatment nadir:57 at week 46. 8 mos. post-treatment: 110 thanks.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would have expected your CD4 cells to have risen by now. However, I would be more interested in whether there were any true changes in your CD4 percentage. This would be more clearly reflective of what is happening with your immune system.
Ask your doctor to review those numbers - before and after treatment - with you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Penis A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.