|Finished Interferon, When do CD4s Increase?
Aug 25, 2009
8 months after completing pegylated interferon w/ ribavirn my cd4s have only risen minimally. Is this normal? Baseline cd4 before treatment: 200. Treatment nadir:57 at week 46. 8 mos. post-treatment: 110 thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would have expected your CD4 cells to have risen by now. However, I would be more interested in whether there were any true changes in your CD4 percentage. This would be more clearly reflective of what is happening with your immune system.
Ask your doctor to review those numbers - before and after treatment - with you.
ivf and hep b
HepC: Cured or in Remission?
- Groin Pain Could I Have AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.