|Help with test results
Aug 24, 2009
Six weeks after exposer to Hep C I asked to be tested. My doctor is away. The test was a Hep C Antibody Total and the result is "Hep C AB 0.32 non reactive". Please tell me what that means. Thank you
Response from Dr. McGovern
Non-reactive is basically the same as negative. You will need further follow-up past six weeks if the exposure was one of concern.
cirrhosis, hep c, and hiv
- Lipodystrophy Of Arms
- Is Hiv Transmission From Female To Male One Time Unlikely?
- Are You Automatically Tested For Hiv When You Have Surgery?
- Can You Get The Hiv Virus From Drinking Out The Same Cup?
- How Long Should I Wait To Take An Hiv Test After Being Raped?
- Buffalo Hump Neck Cure For Children
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.