Aug 23, 2009
i have hep c 1a and cirrhosis my legs swell and have fluid retain at times.my albumin was 3.3.and biliubirin total 1.5.what kind of treatment will i probably might take?
Response from Dr. McGovern
This will need to be carefully assessed by your liver specialist since your stage of liver disease is unclear to me. You will also probably need to have some diuretics if you are having problems with water retention in your legs. You may also want to discuss diet with your physician to see if you should be on salt restriction.
Stay away from alcohol and be certain to be vaccinated against any of the other hepatitis viruses HAV and HBV.
Dr. Pls help me its my 4th post
Hepatitis B resuts --> Needs interpretation
- Blood In Semen After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Mucous In Stool Be An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.