Milk OK? Calf's/chicken liver OK?

I have HIV/hcv/hbv .....HIV/HBV undetectable, HCV undetectable, but I just completed my PegINF/RBVN therapy. Is milk ok for such patients ... like 16 ozs. a day? Also is an ocassional meal of beef or chicken livers ok..... like 3x a mo.? Is there a list anywhere of what's good and what's bad .... my dr. just says eat a balanced meal and no alcohol, and no St. John's wort, but he says other supplements (bodo, milk thistle, astragalus, licorice is up to me ... and I take them. Thank you for your kindness to all of us!

I am very happy to hear that your HBV and HCV are not detectable -great news so far!!

I agree with your doctor that a balanced diet is all that is needed. Protein restriction is advocated only for patients with end-stage liver disease.

Would certainly avoid alcohol and always ask your doctor about any new over the counter drugs or herbal medications you are considering.

I would also consider just a routine multivitamin without extra iron.

The other advice I can give is to exercise so that you don't gain extra weight. People who are obese can develop fatty liver, which can also be associated with liver disease.

HEP C
hepatitis profile