HEP C

How risky is getting infected with Hep C through sex including anal sex with a person who is infected with Hep C and Hep B but, is immune to Hep B and the Hep C infection is under control at this time?

Anal sex is high risk in terms of acquiring other sexually transmitted infections, such as hepatitis B and HIV. There are also several well-described outbreaks of sexually acquired Hepatitis C through anal sex among men who have sex with men.

I would certainly be sure to get tested for hepatitis B and C to be certain of your own status. If you are not immune to hepatitis B, then I would get vaccinated for your overall future protection.

If your partner is truly "immune" to hepatitis B, then you would not be at risk of acquiring HBV.

However, I don't know what it means to say "the HCV infection is under control" and this concerns me. I would get testing for HCV with HCV RNA and and HCV antibody with liver function tests.

HCV Scare.
Milk OK? Calf's/chicken liver OK?