Aug 22, 2009
Hello DR McGovern,
I had A possible risk of exposure back in 1998. Since then I had been tested for Hiv 12 times,Hep B and C 4 times all were negative. I have OCD and cannot get this out of my mind. Is it possible that My antibody tests are false. My doctor says no due to my possitive antibodies for HAV vaccination in 1998.Please Help me I know you are busy. Oh yeah I get LFT levels done every 6 months and they have never been abnormal.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not get any more testing. You can be assured that all is well. If you have OCD, then I would work with your therapist to help you get beyond this since it is causing you anxiety. However, I wouldn't get any more blood testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection Sign Of Seroconversion
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.