For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

HCV Scare.

Hello DR McGovern,

I had A possible risk of exposure back in 1998. Since then I had been tested for Hiv 12 times,Hep B and C 4 times all were negative. I have OCD and cannot get this out of my mind. Is it possible that My antibody tests are false. My doctor says no due to my possitive antibodies for HAV vaccination in 1998.Please Help me I know you are busy. Oh yeah I get LFT levels done every 6 months and they have never been abnormal.

I would not get any more testing. You can be assured that all is well. If you have OCD, then I would work with your therapist to help you get beyond this since it is causing you anxiety. However, I wouldn't get any more blood testing.