Aug 22, 2009
Hello DR McGovern,
I had A possible risk of exposure back in 1998. Since then I had been tested for Hiv 12 times,Hep B and C 4 times all were negative. I have OCD and cannot get this out of my mind. Is it possible that My antibody tests are false. My doctor says no due to my possitive antibodies for HAV vaccination in 1998.Please Help me I know you are busy. Oh yeah I get LFT levels done every 6 months and they have never been abnormal.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not get any more testing. You can be assured that all is well. If you have OCD, then I would work with your therapist to help you get beyond this since it is causing you anxiety. However, I wouldn't get any more blood testing.
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Antibiotics To Take For Gonorrhea?
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- Syphilis And Eye Problems
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.